Payment Poster Representative
About the Job
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The Payment Poster is responsible for ensuring payments and adjustments are accurately recorded in the patient accounting system daily. The teammate will utilize the payer contracts loaded in the patient accounting system and/or a hard contract copy to ensure appropriate payment received. The Payment Poster will ensure notes are entered in the patient account, and copies of EOB’s, denials and other correspondence are provided to the Collector. The Payment Poster will ensure the cash deposited in the bank and the amount posted in the system is in balance daily.
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Possess knowledge of health insurance billing.
- Possess knowledge of typing, word processing, spreadsheet and computer billing systems.
- Possess accurate judgment, especially handling insurance claims and dealing with patient accounts.
- Versatile and willing to coordinate with and participate in, when necessary, all other aspects of the Business Office.
- Possess strong initiative to get daily work finished and processed.
- Has ability to communicate effectively with patient, physicians and other staff members.
- Is courteous, understanding and sympathetic toward patients, physicians and others.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, supervisor and other facility employees.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to enter data into computer, files large amounts of paper, and use office equipment.
- Ability to use discretion in dealing with the public.
- Accurate and efficient payment and adjustment posting – balance daily
- Will possess knowledge of medical record policy and procedures (HIPAA Certification annually)
- Has ability to communicate effectively with patients, physicians and other teammates
- Understands importance of HIPAA within a Medical facility
- Demonstrates professionalism when communicating with patients, physicians, other teammates and contractors
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Payment posting experience highly desired
- 2 or more years of clerical experience in health care environment preferred
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and positive interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills MANDATORY
- Computer experience, HST, Excel, Word
- Medical terminology knowledge required
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.