Operating Room Supervisor (FT) - Marin Specialty Surgery Center
About the Job
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Marin Specialty Surgery Center is currently a 2 Operating Room / 1 Procedure Room multi-specialty surgery center, located in Greenbrae, CA.
- Our operations have been growing substantially over the past year and further expansion is expected through the addition of several more surgeons and high-acuity cases.
- Marin Specialty Surgery Center will be opening a new state of the art 13,700 sq. ft Surgery Center in early 2020.
- The new MSSC will have 3 Operating Rooms, 1 Procedure Room and 3, 23hr stay rooms to facilitate outpatient total joints and spine.
- Our facility is AAAHC accredited and specializes in Orthopedics, Pain Management, Urology, and Plastic Surgery.
We are a fast-paced surgical center that does a variety of surgical procedures. This facility is partnered with Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) which has transformed itself into a leader in ambulatory surgical centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital-system partnerships, with Service Excellence as one of our core values. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Coordinate the daily operations of the OR and supervises the OR Technical Teams and Purchasing Coordinator to ensure a smooth operation of daily activities, to provide quality patient care, and an efficient working environment for physicians. Responsible for ensuring an adequate store of inventory for use in the facility, control and reduce inventory expense, and coordinate with AP Clerk on accounts payable functions.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Ensures adequate technical and clinical team coverage to meet scheduled cases
- Ensures necessary supplies and equipment available
- Efficiently solves problems that may arise in the OR throughout the day
- In collaboration with the Purchasing Coordinator, meets with sales representatives to discuss and negotiate pricing for equipment, supplies, and maintenance
- Provides oversight for clinical log updating
- Assists the Administrator and Director of Nursing in meeting all regulatory compliance issues
- Coordinates and provides training/orientation for new teammates
- Responsible for continuing education in-services for current team mates within his/her charge
- Demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession.
- Attends and participates in team meetings and in-service programs
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task and operating equipment on an annual basis
- Attends professional training seminars related to job development and education
Secondary Position Responsibilities
- Works closely with Director of Nursing to make sure that all OR’s team mates core competencies are reviewed and met on a yearly basis
- Participates in budget preparation and evaluation of clinical equipment purchases
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
Licenses or Certificates:
- Technical degree from a certified accredited surgical first assist program
- Current BLS certification
Education, vocational training and experience
- 5 years experience as an operating room technician or related experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of day to day OR operations
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.