Licensed Practical Nurse (PT) - Maitland Surgery Center
About the Job
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel.
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the pre- and/or post-operative areas.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Registered Nurse and physician in providing pre- and/or post-operative* care to the patient
- Confirms pre-operative testing/medical clearance is in patient’s medical chart prior to procedure
- Collaborates with Registered Nurse in assessing the patient’s physical and emotional status
- Implements and documents pre-operative regimen of care according to policy/procedure
- Recognizes patient’s need for support, answers questions appropriately, and provides for privacy and confidentiality
- Assists in the admission of patients to pre-/post-operative area according to established guidelines
- Implements appropriate nursing activities to provide safe and individualized nursing care
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care by documenting patient’s responses to interventions
- Assists in explaining the physician’s post-operative instructions to patient/family
- Conveys ideas, concepts, and facts related to patient care in a logical, concise manner
- Assists with discharge activities according to policies and procedures
- Documents information accurately and according to policies and procedures
- Applies technical and specialized skills relevant to pre-/post-operative nursing
- Performs nursing functions (e.g., monitors vital signs, maintains/improves respiratory function, performs catheterizations, etc.) under Registered Nurse direction/supervision and within the state-specific scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurse.**
- Administers prescribed medication and performs treatments according to the state’s definition of Licensed Practical Nurse practice.**
- Observes safety measures in patient-care activities
- Prepares equipment/supplies needed for care of patients and for performing diagnostic tests
- Demonstrates competence in emergency situations
- Recognizes personal limitations and obtains necessary patient-care assistance from Registered Nurse
- Displays knowledge of the requirements for instrument, supply, and equipment maintenance
- Cleans instruments properly after use and observes policy and procedure for proper care and handling
- Observes and reports need to replenish or revise supply inventories
Education - Required:
- Current state licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date (applicable to scope of service)
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting, acute hospital surgical department of no less than one (1) year.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #Nurse #Healthcare #NurseLife