Insurance Clerk (FT) - Inland Surgery Center
About the Job
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA’s 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits…
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Position Description: The Insurance Verification teammate is responsible for ensuring scheduled procedures are on the patient’s insurance covered list and/or the patient meets self-pay criteria. The Insurance Verification teammate will be responsible for verifying insurance coverage, eligibility, benefits, obtaining authorizations and pre-certs as required by the individual insurance company.
- Verify that sufficient information is available for accurate verification and eligibility. This step may require direct contact with the physician office and/or the patient.
- Determine if a secondary insurance should be added to the patient account ensuring the appropriate payer is selected for Primary insurance.
- Utilize the centers selected vendor for claims and eligibility and/or individual payer websites to obtain eligibility, benefits and/or pre-certs and authorization information.
- Enter the patient insurance information into patient accounting system ensuring the selection is the appropriate payer and associated financial class.
- The insurance verifier will document the findings in the patient account and will contact the patient with either estimated co-insurance, co-pay and or deductible amounts due on or before the date of service as applicable.
- The Insurance Verifier will call patients as needed to review patient responsibilities with regard to payment or payment plan.
- All applicants must have at least 2 years’ experience preferably in an Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Computer skills, Excel & Word programs.
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of Health Plans and IPA’s.
- Experience with HST and Citrix and Navinet