Business Office Representative Clerk (FT) - Summit Surgery Center
About the Job
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA’s 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits…
· Positive work culture
· Career growth opportunities
· Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
· Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
· Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
· Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
· Excellent 401(k) Plan
Provide support to the facility by performing specific or various business office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as assigned.
- Schedules surgeries in surgery template in the computer, along with pertinent information and handles calls from physician’s office in regard to information on scheduling patients at the surgery center, scheduling surgeries or any calls associated with surgery scheduled.
- Answers phone in a pleasant manner and deals with physician offices and patient’s needs expeditiously. Takes messages and transfers calls to other departments when necessary.
- Does pre-registration and makes sure that authorization is obtained from the physician’s office prior to surgery scheduled. Completes necessary paperwork for registration and uses computer system to generate information for surgical/special procedure.
- Maintains log for cancelled appointments.
- Performs various clerical duties such as photocopying forms, reports, patient information, mailing surveys, preparing patient charts, faxing forms and retrieving faxes as needed.
- Maintains clean and orderly surgery scheduling area.
- All scheduled cases are verified as soon as possible.
- Patients with a financial responsibility are contacted immediately and informed of the center’s payment policies as well as offered payment options if necessary.
- All insurance verification and patient calls are clearly documented in the patient’s account.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in health care and minimum of one-year experience in surgery scheduling procedures preferred.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as function within a team
- Have a basic knowledge of surgery scheduling, receptionist and registration responsibilities; and must possess the ability to handle stress.
- The candidate must be flexible with hours and be able to work which ever shift is to be covered.