Supply Chain Intern
About the Job
Summary of Internship
This role is also responsible for determining material requirements from engineering and production schedules, coordinating the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production and engineering and developing specifications for new contract orders. The Material Planner is responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity; creates and maintains bills of material and parts/commodities numbers in supply chain management or other enterprise-wide systems.
- Manage inventory levels by defining clear max inventory levels and manage to those
- First level of escalation and management of supply component interruptions
- Issuance of releases/call offs (not negotiate price, payment terms and change/select suppliers)
- Responsible to plan material ramp/up and ramp-down
- Manage the implementation date of engineering changes based on stocking
- Maintain master data – MOQ’s (joint), safety stock, min/max
- Raw Material Inventory Health (E&O, MOQs, SS)
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Exceptional customer focus
- Solid Understanding of concepts of inventory flow, inventory management, and distribution planning
- Aptitude towards ERP/MRP Planning systems
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to am undergrad degree Business Degree in Supply Chain Management
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate critical information.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.