Supply Chain Intern
About the Job
Summary of Internship
The Supply Chain Internship position provides an opportunity for business students who are currently pursuing a Business, Finance, or similar Operations Management degree to get hands on experience working with supply chain managers in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The Supply Chain intern will contribute to optimizing supply chain Key Performance Indicators with concepts such as Kanban, LEAN Manufacturing, Inventory turns, and Resource Planning. The position starts in May or June, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Assisting supply chain team with Inventory process (Kanban system, Cycle count, Product Flow, SAP transactions.
- Provide feedback on specifications and systems
- Planning Inventory levels (recalculating Reorder points and safety stocks)
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the Product Supply Chain interns’ experience level and abilities
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Exceptional customer focus
- Desire to teach other colleagues about technology in area of expertise
- Familiarity with some LEAN principals such as KANBAN, FIFO, JIT, etc.
- Aptitude for Resource planning and metric driven
- Pursuing an undergrad degree in Finance, Business, or Operations Management
- Previous Internship Experience
- Experience with Manufacturing Resource Planning
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.