Retail Key Holding Mgr ( Sup )
About the Job
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customers' active lifestyles. The company operates 30+ stores across 10+ states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com. Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise, and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Our store is currently searching for a driven Key Holding Manager with a passion for outdoor sports, as well as, leading a dynamic store team. We are looking for a candidate that has the passion and drive to be a top performer and to work in a team atmosphere! This position will lead a team whose central focus is revolutionizing the entire customer experience! In addition to developing this winning team, an ideal candidate will streamline processes and cultivate an environment that is exciting, interactive and fun for both customers and employees!
- Responsible for ensuring that the store team delivers exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and above and beyond the Customer's expectation.
- Train & develop store team on selling strategies and continuous improvement.
- Increase store sales through product knowledge communication and enthusiasm
- Develop creative plans and strategies to increase store sales through business analysis, action planning and consistent accountability
- Manage store expenses and payroll; prioritize, plan, delegate, administrate and adapt to business needs
- Maintain store visual presentation that is consistent with company standards and creates an inspiring shopping experience
- Ensure store team follows company policies and procedures
- Promote Sun & Ski within the local community. Including leading and participating with various community Events.
- Maintain communication with Store Manager (SM), District Manager (DM) and Home Office team to stay abreast of company initiatives
- Loss Prevention minimizes inventory loss (internal, external and paper) and maintains accurate cash control
- Lead, attend and assist with various events, including product knowledge clinics to help enhance product knowledge.
- *Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Preferred Outdoor Enthusiast: Passion for cycling activities, as well as, ski/snowboard, water sports, surf/swim, skate/skateboard and more!
- 2+ years of management experience in retail or Snow/Water/Bike Sports experience.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and develop a team, as well as, increase sales and store profitability
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Vendors, Buyers, Store Team and Upper Management.
- Talent in networking, recruiting, interviewing, training and developing others-Must have organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as, attention to detail a must.
- Knowledge of business operations & shrink reduction
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi-task