Commissioned Sales Associate
About the Job
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories to enhance our customers' active lifestyles. The company operates 30+ stores across 10+ states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com . Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Our Sun & Ski store is seeking a driven commissioned sales associate. We're looking for qualified applicants who have what it takes to provide customer service, achieve sales goals, and close the sale. 1-2 years of sales experience in a commission environment is a plus, but not required. You must possess the ability to work in a retail setting with retail hours, which would consist of a combination of weekdays, weekends, and holiday hours. You must also be able to move throughout the store to actively engage customers, demonstrate products, and effectively execute the sales function. This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic individual to earn significant additional compensation from their own personal sales. Our commissioned sales associates get a base pay rate with a 1-2% commission. The average commission (not including base rate) in this location is $15,000 for employees who average 25 hours or more in a 12 month period. If you have a passion for selling and the outdoors, this is the job for you!
- Ensure you deliver exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and beyond expectations.
- Greet and assist customers with enthusiasm and a genuine smile.
- Ensure that you are aware of current advertised items and specials
- Assist with visual presentation of merchandise
- Attend product knowledge clinics/camps
- Take initiative to remain familiar with the merchandise carried in the store, including key features and benefits, as well as, ability to make accurate suggestions to customers
Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong selling and customer service skills
- Preferred: Sales experience
- Preferred: Outdoor Enthusiast