Strategic Account Executive -Instrument Sales
About the Job
How will you make an impact:
The position is responsible for securing prescribed revenue objectives for IDD’s allergy, autoimmune, and serological products in a designated geographic territory. The individual is expected to prospect and close new Laboratory and Health System business, maintain and grow existing laboratory accounts, and see that laboratory logistics are in place in specified markets to facilitate efficient and effective pull-through.
What will you do:
- Present and successfully sell our value proposition at the C-Suite level, as well as ensure total account buy-in and satisfaction. Understand the dynamics of healthcare delivery in designated markets (including knowledge of healthcare systems, hospitals, laboratory providers, payers, key influencers, and thought leaders in the medical community).
- Protect our current base through excellent account management to grow our Autoimmune and Serological business in all key markets. This requires effectively balancing the financial goals of the organization and the customer to sell capital equipment to secure long-term contracts and relationships with customers.
- Collaborate closely with Regional Sales Manager to ensure strategic goals are met by appropriately placing instruments that facilitate long-term growth before, during, and after placement.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations, Market Development team, and District and Regional Managers to facilitate effective, appropriate instrument placements to drive sustained clinical adoption in assigned territory.
- Work collaboratively with all Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions, most specifically HMD, to leverage a total Thermo Fisher Scientific experience.
- Meet and/or exceed annual growth targets.
- Travel is frequent, at approximately 80% of total time.
This position is accountable for achieving prescribed allergy, Autoimmune and serological sales growth through customer retention and effective account leadership; persuasively articulating the clinical and economic case for allergy and autoimmune testing; ensuring that laboratory infrastructure of our key accounts in your geographic market are aligned with the strategic direction of the organization; and attending to logistical details required for effective physician access where needed. All activity will be in compliance with company policies and guidelines.
How will you get there:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years successful experience in capital diagnostic or medical device sales, and a track record of proven success as a Regional Account Manager (or equivalent); 5 or more years successful experience is preferred
- Successful C-Suite sales experience
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently out of your home, and be willing to travel approximately 80% of time (mainly in your own Area, but also throughout the U.S.);
- Cultivating, leveraging, and developing long-term customer relationships, including “C” level and Senior VP level relationships, coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs. Maintain strategic focus on lifecycle cost for Phadia Lab system equipment. Collaborate with Director of Operations to provide seamless customer service.
- Manage operating plan objectives relative to Point of Sale, Capital Equipment Sales, Contract Renewal, and Competitive Conversions.
- Possess strong listening and interpersonal skills, and effective oral and written presentation communication skills;
- Be business plan-focused and effectively persistent and persuasive, while also being appropriately flexible and resilient, in order to respond to changing business and customer needs;
- A greater understanding of the competitive landscape in their customer base
- Able to “think on your feet”, be well organized, and results driven;
- Possess a detailed understanding of the complexities of healthcare delivery systems and a basic understanding of healthcare finance/accounting and provider/payer economics;
- Have a solid background in market and account development, creating and implementing successful business strategies that drive market and sales growth.
- Prefer prior Medical Technologist background or other ‘hands on’ laboratory experience
- Possess strong analytical capabilities in order to assess and understand profitability of customer relationships in order to effectively partner and negotiate
- Be able to effectively partner with internal functions in order to ‘quarterback’ customer needs
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.