Patient Safety Attendant
About the Job
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Patient Safety Attendant!
- Must successfully complete sitter orientation program and validation of skills.
- Assist with the collection of patient data. Communicates information to the professional nursing staff.
- If the patient is on suicide precautions the sitter will document every fifteen minutes on the 24 Hour Patient Safety Monitoring form and communicate any changes to the Charge Nurse. The sitter will provide a suicide safe environment according to the “Suicide Precautions Policy” and the “Nursing Protocol for the Suicidal Patient”.
- Works as a collaborative member of the clinical team. Assures that patient rights and privacy are maintained. Deals with patient information in a confidential manner.
- Follows safety and infection control policies of hospital, nursing, laboratory departments, utilizes good aseptic techniques.
- Is friendly, cooperative, and flexible; able to follow directions well, works well individually and as a team player.
Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
At HCA, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, along with some unnique benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Located outside of Washington, DC in historic Loudoun County, StoneSprings Hospital Center, a 124-bed acute care facility, lies in an area full of attractions including historic parks, horseback riding, dining, shopping, and more! StoneSprings Hospital Center has earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and holds accreditation from the Joint Commission. StoneSprings Hospital Center is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with.
HCA is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Certificaiton: Active BLS required.
Experience: Ability to maintain a mature, professional manner and demonstrate sound judgment when interacting with patients, physicians, hospital personnel and the public.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.