Position Title: Apprentice Plumber
Reports To: Plumbing Manager or Journeyman Plumber or General Manager
Location Name: Stark
Location Address: 2220 Carson St, Haltom City, TX 76117
Join the team of experts and realize your true potential!
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Under direct supervision, assists in the assembly, installation, or repair of pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems in accordance to specifications and plumbing codes. Works under the direction of the Journeyman Plumber.
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Assists the Journeyman Plumber in maintaining and repairing plumbing systems carrying water, steam, chemicals and fuel in heating, cooling, lubricating and other process piping systems by replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, or opening clogged drains
- Under direction supervision, may repair or replace plumbing fixtures; test joints and pipe systems for leaks, open clogged drains, measure, cut, thread, bend, ream and install pipe and pipe fittings
- As directed, assembles pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment
- Cuts openings in structures to accommodate pipes or pipe fittings, using hand or power tools
- Measures, cuts, threads, or bends pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines
- As directed, installs underground storm, sanitary, or water piping systems, extending piping as needed to connect fixtures and plumbing
- In conjunction with the Journeyman Plumber, ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for
- Represents the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned
- Regular, reliable attendance
Health & Safety Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reports any unsafe acts, conditions and hazards to direct supervisor/manager immediately
- Reports any contravention of legislation or company policy, procedure or program to direct supervisor/manager immediately
- Corrects substandard acts or conditions within area of control
- Uses and maintains appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
- Never removes or renders ineffective any safety guards, devices, or clothing prescribed to be in place or worn
- Complies with the general rules as prescribed by company program(s) procedure(s)
- Operates devises or equipment as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
- Participates in any safety initiatives, teams, or committees
- Reports all injuries or incidents as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s) immediately
- Provides input on developing safety initiatives and plans to eliminate exposures that could cause accidents
- High School diploma or equivalent with training or experience in construction trades with a preference for plumbing system work
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various plumbing projects
- Working proficiency in basic mathematics and metric and standard measurements
- Ability to reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting problems with plumbing systems and equipment
- Familiar with the HVAC industry is preferred
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.