Staff Scientist , System Integration
About the Job
Staff Scientist, System Integration
Requisition ID: 125843BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
South San Francisco, CA
Genetic Sciences: Capillary Electrophoresis R&D
How will you make an impact?
Join the system integration group to develop CE instrument systems and consumables for genetic analysis. You should have a passion for product development, a proven track record of either developing or being a ‘power user’ of complex scientific instruments, and be comfortable working on prototype instruments.
What will you do?
- Genetic assay and product development for Capillary Electrophoresis systems
- Work on prototypes of complex instrumentation systems
- Develop and execute test plans, and writing plans, reports, and other documentation
- Work cross functionally with engineers, software developers, scientists, and other disciplines
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s Degree required in molecular biology, virology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or related field. Masters or PhD preferred.Candidates with combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- PhD with 3+ years/ MS with 7+/ BS with 10+ years’ industry experience
- Experience in either forensic or infectious disease is a plus.
- Experience in operation and maintenance of Applied Biosystems capillary electrophoresis instruments and applications a plus.
- Enthusiasm for product development
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team player
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.