Staff Program Manager
About the Job
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
By leading collaborative cross-functional teams to define and deliver commitments: demonstrating feasibility for new technologies, commercializing new products, or improving on-market products, all using our stage-gate or iterative processes to deliver to the agreed scope, schedule, and budget, while managing execution, risks, trade-offs, expectations, and communications.
What will you do?
- You’ll lead programs and projects, negotiating trade-offs, determining and committing to the right scope, schedule, and budget to deliver winning business results.
- You’ll drive and track all day-to-day project work, making sure that problems are rapidly identified and resolved, applying state-of-the-art project management tools and techniques to deliver on commitments and in some instances adhere to specific regulatory requirements.
- You’ll lead project communications and phase approval reviews, providing clear and concise written and verbal communication to all levels of the project team and stakeholders, and tailoring style to a broad range of audiences and situations.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or Life Science required; PMP certification, advanced leadership training, MS, MBA or Ph.D. preferred.
- 11+ years of life science or medical device product development and 6+ years technical project management experience required; experience with genetic analysis technologies and in-vitro diagnostics preferred.
- Fluent in English.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Intrinsically motivated, accountable, and committed to professional development.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator; exceptional relationship builder.
- Effective at influencing and leading without direct authority.
- Ability to lead and drive complex decisions and solve problems.
- Strong product development technical and business expertise.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.