About St. Jude
There is a reason St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is consistently ranked on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work For” list. At our world-class pediatric research hospital, every one of our professionals share our commitment to make a difference in the lives of the children we serve. There is a unique bond when you are part of a team that gives their all to advance the treatments and cures of pediatric catastrophic diseases. The result is a collaborative, positive environment where everyone, regardless of their role, receives the resources, support, and encouragement to advance and grow their careers.
This position is based in Memphis, TN; relocation assistance is available. Memphis is a family-friendly metropolitan area that more than a million residents call home. Memphis is recognized for its world-class music, food, and hospitality. Cost of living is one of our biggest attractions; in fact, Money listed Memphis as one of the least expensive cities in which to raise a child. Mild winters and beautiful green spaces make the city a magnet for outdoor enthusiasts – there are over 200 miles of bike-friendly lanes with more being added. Forbes recently named Memphis the 4th happiest city in which to work. Why live anywhere else?
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for developing software to support object-oriented software applications, leads software coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and installation, and may be responsible for one or more of these components, as directed. Where applicable, works with the team and User Experience designers in the design of the system's graphical user interface. Assists with developing detailed specifications and related documentation from which programs will be written for enterprise-wide systems. Develops detailed specifications and documentation from which programs will be written for group level systems. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Setting up and managing source code repositories using various in-house or cloud-based systems such as GitHub, Bitbucket, or similar
- Leading / facilitating code reviews
- Full stack web development in support of image-based management/analysis and related systems
- Support of Lead Software Architect in overall software/system design and measurement of software architectural characteristics
- Software performance analysis and optimization
- Provide support and leadership in SLCD methodologies used to manage various projects
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, data science, information science, business, or related field.
- Minimum experience: 4+years of IT experience in systems programming and development, preferably in comparable industry.
Experience in SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, CI/CD)
Experience in software systems design and maintenance
Experience working with business stakeholders to identify and document Requirements
Proven performance in earlier role/comparable role
Collaborative approach to work and good communication skills