Researcher in Translational Research
About the Job
We are seeking for a Researcher to focus on translational research support for pediatric solid tumor and brain tumor programs. This position involves assisting with the collection and processing of biological specimens, routine colony maintenance and administration of substances techniques, facilitates specimen inventory and sample shipping worldwide, and maintains detailed records of ongoing scientific projects. Additionally, this person will interact with multiple institutional departments and collaborate on projects and initiatives. Assists with the management of laboratory operations. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
*Position will require occasional work after hours, on call and on weekends/holidays (rotational).
- Bachelor's degree in relevant scientific area is required. Will also consider current students with an anticipated graduation date within 3 months of application. Verification of degree is required prior to start date.
The ideal candidate will have experience in basic laboratory techniques, preclinical xenograft models, preclinical drug therapeutics, basic cell culture experience, and strong organizational skills.
Preferred special skills:
- Murine modeling and restraint.
- Proficient dosing and treatment techniques and biological sample collection.
- Proficient model identification techniques.
- Ability to recognize changes in model health.
- Detailed record keeping utilizing electronic database software.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and written.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and communicate plans effectively