Research Operations Manager - Histology & Tissue Processing, Center for Pediatric Neurological Disease Research
About the Job
The successful candidate will have education and knowledge in neuroscience, have initiative, and the ability to work independently. The successful candidate will be expected to run and maintain a state-of-the-art histology and tissue processing core that will serve members of the CPNDR, DNB and associated St. Jude neuroscience investigators. The successful candidate will provide guidance for broad histology and tissue processing methodologies and will serve and help build collaborative relationships across the St Jude neuroscience community. Operational priorities will include ensuring the core is performing at a high level of service and operations and also helping promote the CPNDR to neuroscience Investigators at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance and mentoring and serve as a resource to others in the application of histology and tissue processing methodologies to St Jude neuroscience researchers
- Performing tissue sectioning and histology service for research staff in the CPNDR, DNB and related departments to facilitate generation of materials and methodologies for research purposes
- Overseeing the laboratory function under the guidance of the CPNDR Director
- Participating in the execution of research experiments
- Assisting with budget management
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of the CPNDR and the institution
A bachelor's degree is required - preferably in Neuroscience, Molecular Cell Biology, Animal Veterinary Pathology, Neuroanatomy, or a closely related field.
- Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Bachelor's degree
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master's degree
- Three (3) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD
- Leadership or supervisory experience is required