Research Lab Specialist / Sr. Research Technologist Dr. Ellison lab
About the Job
At St. Jude, you will be part of a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment where you can see, firsthand, how your science translates into survival for the children we serve. We are seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented Research Lab Specialist/Sr. Research Technologist to join the laboratory of Dr. Ellison, in the Department of Pathology. Dr. Ellison’s lab is interested in exploring the clinical and molecular features associated with pediatric brain tumors, particularly ependymoma. In this role you will manage murine colonies and perform cranial implants. Other duties will include molecular, cellular and biochemical analyses using methods such as ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq and processing tissue for translational studies.
Experience with animal husbandry, breeding, colony management and genotyping is preferred.
Experience with ChiP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, DNA and RNA extractions, and Immunohistochemistry is preferred.Candidates with good communication and organizational skills are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate scientific field is required.
Sr. Research Technologist
- A minimum of three (3) years total work experience as a SJCRH Research Technologist or three (3) years relevant post-degree experience in a similar research environment is required with a Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years total work experience as a SJCRH Research Technologist or two (2) years relevant post-degree experience in a similar research environment is required with a Master's degree.
- No experience is required with a PhD in a related field.
Research Lab Specialist
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant post-degree work experience, with at least five (5) years at the Sr. Research Tech level, is required with a Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience, with at least (5) years at the Sr. Research Tech level, is required with a Master's degree
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience including post-doctoral and/or technical staff experience is required with a Ph.D