Protocol Outreach Assistant
About the Job
The goal of the Department of Infectious Diseases at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to study devastating diseases of childhood through a comprehensive approach including basic science research, translational trials, and bedside care. Among the top infectious causes of death worldwide are respiratory diseases and HIV/AIDS. The Department of Infectious Diseases seeks to focus on the pathogenesis of these infections with a breadth of commitment that extends from the research bench to the bedside. To be apart of the work this amazing team is doing, apply today!
The Protocol Outreach Assistant responsibilities include:
- Recruit clinical research study participants from various venues to participate in clinical research protocols
- Administer qualitative and/or quantitative interviews, conduct research activities with participants, track study participants and keep them engaged throughout the life of the protocol
- Responsible for data collection, data entry and documentation of all study activities
- Implement and/or coordinate the protocol risk reduction intervention
- Provides Case Management services including crisis intervention and patient education
- Operates a motor vehicle to assist with community outreach and research
- Provides Venue Counseling Testing. Acts as member of the Community Outreach team and works to recruit from collaborating sites.
- Maintains a basic understanding of the research protocols, public health systems, and data systems
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on the assigned protocol
- Works independently in implementing all assigned clinical research projects
- Duties are performed with supervision, feedback and guidance from Community Development Coordinator, Study Coordinator and Principal Investigator
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Community Health or related field preferred
- Two (2) years of combined experience and education involving Public Health, Community Health or related field required
- Experience with case management, HIV Counseling and Testing, working with Community Based Organizations and research experience preferred
- Employee must obtain protocol specific certification within two (2) months of hire
- Must have a valid driver's license from the employee's state of residence and a valid personal insurance policy on the vehicle which meets the requirements for the state of Tennessee
No Search Firms:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.