Principal Application Architect
About the Job
Reporting to the Managing Director over Administrative Applications, the Principal Application Architect is a senior level technology role accountable for the strategic direction, technical design, implementation, and operational health of the enterprise service delivery platform. The Principal Application Architect collaborates with other technical architects, subject-matter experts, and organizational leadership to deliver functional, reliable, and engaging applications and automation to meet demands across the St. Jude administrative service portfolio. The Principal Application Architect serves as a technology advocate and thought leader within the scope of administrative applications, inspiring productive change through technology solutions, guiding application strategy, and providing recommendations for the portfolio roadmap. The architect collaborates with other technical experts within the architecture management practice to assess, guide, and support technology initiatives across the overall St. Jude technology portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ten (10) years of experience performing application development including eight (8) years of progressive experience with ServiceNow application development and architecture and five (5) years of experience developing program roadmaps and providing strategic guidance to IT leaders.
- Experience must include design and implementation of complex application solutions suited to business needs using the ServiceNow platform and hosted applications, incorporating principles of scalability, reliability, and simplicity.
- Experience mentoring technical professionals is required, including performing technical reviews; mentoring; and coordinating complex development efforts.
- ITIL v3 or v4 foundations required
Two of the following ServiceNow certifications are preferred:
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist
- ServiceNow Certified Application Specialist
- Other architecture and/or service framework certifications are preferred, e.g. IT4IT, TOGAF.