Part-time Medical Technologist II (Blood bank lab)
About the Job
We are seeking a part-time (56 hours per pay period) Medical Technologist II in the blood bank laboratory at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The selected person will be responsible for the prompt, efficient, and accurate performance, validation, and reporting of laboratory test results which are utilized for the purpose of prognosis, diagnosis, treatment and research. The MT II, under the direct supervision of the Director, Manager or Supervisor, will be responsible for the assigned shift as scheduled. He/she may work under the guidance of the Medical Technologist III or Medical Technologist IV. Current blood blank experience is desired.
Variable hours, mainly evening shift and weekend with rotating holiday coverage.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences and completion of a medical laboratory technologist training program that was, at the time of graduation, either NAACLS approved or approved pursuant to TN Rule 1200-06-02-.04. Educational requirements may be waived for applicants possessing HEW certification from passing the Health and Human Services proficiency examination on or before September 1, 1997 and who meet criteria outlined in TN Rule 1200-06-02-.22.
- Two (2) years of medical technologist experience required.
- Two (2) years of relevant clinical medical laboratory technician experience may be considered for one (1) year of medical technologist experience
- Tennessee licensure as Medical Technologist-General or as a Special Analyst in assigned laboratory section required or eligible.
- Licensure must be obtained prior to working in lab independently.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by ASCP or AMT preferred