Medical Technologist IV (Core laboratory)
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital New York, NY
About the Job
The Core laboratory at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is seeking a committed Medical Technologist IV. The selected candidate will be responsible for the prompt, efficient, and accurate performance, validation, and reporting of laboratory test results, which are utilized for the purpose of prognosis, diagnosis, treatment, and research. Other activities include responsible for the technical aspects of tests performed within assigned section including quality control and analyzer maintenance. May be responsible for overseeing workflow to ensure continuity in operations and completion of routine and specialized tasks. Also, in conjunction with section leadership, conducts literature reviews and may be responsible for research and development of and validation new procedures to be performed within the section. Under the supervision of the Technical Director, Manager-Clinical Lab, or Supervisor, the MT IV is responsible for completing all technical work in the laboratory section accurately and within a timely manner and may oversee the work of the MTI, MT II, and MT III. The MT IV helps maintain a positive work climate and the overall team effort of the department. Employee must meet the qualifications as defined in CLIA requirements 42 CFR Part 493 for one or more of the following roles based on education, experience and responsibilities, performed by specific incumbent, within the job: Technical Consultant, Technical Supervisor, General Supervisor and/or Testing personnel. Department will designate and maintain records for individual specific qualifications.
Recent technical experience in chemistry or hematology is highly desired.
Monday-Friday with variable day shift hours. Will rotate weekend and holidays.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences and completion of a medical laboratory technologist training program that was, at the time of graduation, either NAACLS approved or approved pursuant to TN Rule 1200-06-02-.04. Educational requirements may be waived for applicants possessing HEW certification from passing the Health and Human Services proficiency examination on or before September 1, 1997 and who meet criteria outlined in TN Rule 1200-06-02-.22.
- Six (6) years of medical technologist experience required, of which three (3) years of experience must be in performing method validation, quality control evaluation, writing procedures, process improvement, advanced troubleshooting, and inventory control
- Two (2) years of relevant clinical medical laboratory technician experience may be considered for one (1) year of medical technologist experience
- Tennessee licensure as Medical Technologist-General or as a Special Analyst in assigned laboratory section required or eligible. Licensure must be obtained prior to working in lab independently.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by ASCP or AMT preferred.
- Specialist Certification in assigned area by recognized accrediting body such as ASCP, preferred.
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer