Medical Technologist II (Immunopathology lab)
About the Job
The Immunopathology laboratory at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is seeking a Medical Technologist II to be responsible for the prompt, efficient, and accurate performance, validation, and reporting of laboratory test results which are utilized for the purpose of prognosis, diagnosis, treatment, and research. Under the direct supervision of the Director, Manager or Supervisor, the MT II is responsible for the assigned shift as scheduled. The MT II may work under the guidance of the FTI, FTII, or FTIII. Employee must meet the qualifications as defined in CLIA requirements 42 CFR Part 493 for one or more of the following roles based on education, experience and responsibilities, performed by specific incumbent, within the job: Technical Consultant, Technical Supervisor, General Supervisor and/or Testing personnel.
- Experience in flow cytometry is highly desired.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8 am-4:30 pm
- Performs routine and special laboratory tests and determines the accuracy of results in designated sections of the laboratory.
- Assists in maintaining QC and Quality Program records to meet standards/requirements of hospital and licensing/ accrediting agencies.
- Assists in defined troubleshooting and established preventive maintenance procedures.Assists in or conducts/writes orientation, training and procedures.
- Assists in evaluating and testing new procedures and/or analyzers and establishing maintenance protocols.
- Assists in scheduling of workflow to ensure adequate coverage in the lab at all times
- Inventories, receives and stores supplies as defined in each laboratory section.
- Participates in continuing education as defined in Laboratory Medicine Continuing Education (CE) document
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences and completion of a medical laboratory technologist training program that was, at the time of graduation, either NAACLS approved or approved pursuant to TN Rule 1200-06-02-.04. Educational requirements may be waived for applicants possessing HEW certification from passing the Health and Human Services proficiency examination on or before September 1, 1997 and who meet criteria outlined in TN Rule 1200-06-02-.22.
- Two (2) years of medical technologist experience required. Two (2) years of relevant clinical medical laboratory technician experience may be considered for one (1) year of medical technologist experience
- Tennessee licensure as Medical Technologist-General or as a Special Analyst in assigned laboratory section required or eligible. Licensure must be obtained prior to working in lab independently.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by ASCP or AMT preferred