Medical Technologist I or II (Blood bank)
About the Job
- Monday-Friday day shift, rotating weekends and holidays.
- Monday-Friday evening shift, rotating weekends and holidays.
- Monday-Friday variable day/evening shift with rotation weekends and holidays.
- Sunday-Thursday midnight shift, rotating weekends and holidays
Note: The selected candidate would be assigned to only one available shift.
- Performs routine and special laboratory tests and determines the accuracy of results in designated sections of the laboratory.
- Assists in maintaining QC and Quality Program records to meet standards/requirements of hospital and licensing/ accrediting agencies.
- Assists in defined troubleshooting and established preventive maintenance procedures.Assists in or conducts/writes orientation, training and procedures.
- Assists in evaluating and testing new procedures and/or analyzers and establishing maintenance protocols.
- Assists in scheduling of workflow to ensure adequate coverage in the lab at all times
- Inventories, receives and stores supplies as defined in each laboratory section.
- Participates in continuing education as defined in Laboratory Medicine Continuing Education (CE) document
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences and completion of a medical laboratory technologist training program that was, at the time of graduation, either NAACLS approved or approved pursuant to TN Rule 1200-06-02-.04. Educational requirements may be waived for applicants possessing HEW certification from passing the Health and Human Services proficiency examination on or before September 1, 1997 and who meet criteria outlined in TN Rule 1200-06-02-.22.
Medical Technologist I
- Medical Technologist entry level skills obtained through clinical rotations are required.
Medical Technologist II
- Two (2) years of medical technologist experience required. Two (2) years of relevant clinical medical laboratory technician experience may be considered for one (1) year of medical technologist experience.
- REQUIRED: Tennessee licensure as Medical Technologist-General or as a Special Analyst in assigned laboratory section or eligible. Licensure must be obtained prior to working in lab independently.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by ASCP or AMT preferred.
No Search Firms:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.