Manager-Occupation Health & Safety
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Baltimore, MD
About the Job
There’s a reason St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is consistently ranked on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work For” list. Because at our world-class pediatric research hospital, every one of our professionals shares our commitment to make a difference in the lives of the children we serve. There’s a unique bond when you’re part of a team that gives their all to advance the treatments and cures of pediatric catastrophic diseases. The result is a collaborative, positive environment where everyone, regardless of their role, receives the resources, support and encouragement to advance and grow their careers and be the force behind the cures.
Manages the operations of Occupational Health and the safety program to protect the health and safety of employees from occupational illnesses and injuries and prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Manages the daily operations of the occupational health program. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of occupational health data, systems, and programs. Supervises the occupational health staff. Ensures compliance with all laws, regulations, policies, and procedures related to occupational health and infection control programs including OSHA, TOSHA and JCAHO reporting and disclosure requirements. Oversees the planning, organizing, communication, and implementation of occupational health projects. Collaborates with the HR Director- Benefits, Wellness and OH as well as the Medical Director of Occupational Health to identify and assess occupational health risks, including surveillance of the work environment and practices which may affect the health of employees. Position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Nursing Executive/CNO. Coordinates with supervisor and Nursing Executive/CNO to ensure consistent institution-wide compliance with standards of nursing practice.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Nursing
- Four (4) years of occupational and environmental health nursing or related experience required with (2) years in a supervisory/leadership role
- (LC: RN-TN) Must possess a current Tennessee State Board of Nursing license if primary residence is Tennessee or a Nurse Licensure non-Compact state
- (LC: RN-MISS, RN-ARK or RN-KY) Must possess a current State Board of Nursing license in the state of primary residence if the state is a Nurse Licensure Compact state
- (LC: COHN or COHN-S) OTHER CREDENTIALS:Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or the Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHN-S) credential from the American Board for Occupational Health Nurses, Inc., is required within two (2) years of hire into the position
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer