Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. We
are leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Jude. Throughout the institution, across the clinical, research, administrative, and operational domains there are many analytics customers who
need access to accurate data and insightful analytics. In this role, you will be responsible for managing these customer relationships and delivering
cutting edge analytical solutions to them. You will excel at this job through collaborating with customers to truly understand their data needs, putting
yourself in their shoes, thinking a few steps ahead of them and leading the central analytics team members in delivering high quality analytics
solutions to operational, clinical and clinical research areas. You will also help mature the overall data and analytics technology platform and service
delivery strategy that aligns with St. Jude priorities and promote an institution-wide data-driven culture.
• Partner with customers across the institution to deliver thought leadership, look for new ways to enhance, develop or execute data-driven solutions
and insights through the use of analytics
• Mature institution-wide data analytics that drive self-service/self-sufficiency
• Ensure a secure, reliable and high performing foundational Power BI architecture to support analytics across the institution
• Build strong partnerships with stakeholders across the institution
• Build a strong data analytics foundation that speeds up the delivery of analytics across the institution
Some regular responsibilities might look like, but are not limited to,
• Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data analytics vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
• Lead other solutions architects in delivering robust and reusable dashboards to support analytics across the institution
• Mentor and coach other solutions architects within the team and across St. Jude
• Develop security standards for analytical applications
• Develop cutting edge analytical applications that can serve as a template for other solutions architects
• Standardize look and feel of dashboards and reports delivered under the St. Jude Analytics umbrella
• Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall analytics delivery roadmap.
• Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, compliance and improvement.
• Develop standards for dashboard development, testing and validation to be used across the organization.
• Develop Power BI training syllabus to train analyst across St. Jude.
• Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
• Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
• Develop best practices and guidelines for analysts across St. Jude
• Create and maintain data model and metadata policies and procedures for functional design
• Provide technical recommendations and engage with Data Architects, Business SMEs and other stakeholders throughout the analytics implementation lifecycle and recommend effective solutions to develop high performance and highly scalable analytical applications
• Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
• Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of data architecture.
• Document development of analytical applications and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture, an environment that supports a single version of the truth and is scalable to support future analytical needs
• Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement and platform upgrades.
• Communicate with customer, project team in a timely manner and escalates issues & risks appropriately.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, data science, information science, business, or related field.
- Minimum requirement: Six (6) progressive years of IT experience including strong database design, data architecture and data transform processes.
- 4 years of exclusive analytics solutions architecture experience is highly preferred
- Experience in data architecture and design.
- Be versed in Cloud solutions (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft, Azure, Snowflake cloud) or Big Data solutions and related technologies
- Expert level PowerBI development experience is highly preferred
- Expertise in data architecture concepts such as data modeling, workflow management, ETL/ELT, real-time streaming)
- Understanding data management and governance concepts such as data quality, metadata, dependency management, etc
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to learn, adapt and apply new technologies
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Azure/Synapse/Power BI, Epic EHR, or Workday ERP