Husbandry Technician I
About the Job
If you would like to pursue a role where you can work with murine models and are interested in scientific research, then this Husbandry Technician- I position is for you! This position contributes to developing treatments for diseases and new methods of diagnosis that fall in line with the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's mission statement "Finding Cures. Saving Lives."
Much of the responsibilities for the Husbandry Technician -I will involve routine tasks essential to the care and welfare of murine models, including:
- Operating under close supervision and maintaining regular, non-specialized murine model housing areas in a neat and orderly manner
- Performing regularly scheduled cage changing in non-specialized murine model housing areas
- Maintaining adequate food and water supplies for murine model cages
- Maintaining proper murine model identification and records
- Recognizing and documenting basic murine model health problems as appropriate; fulfilling murine model health program requirements by collecting and submitting biological samples to diagnostic lab
Work schedule: M-F, 7:00-3:30; rotating weekends and holidays; occasional overtime
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Associate's degree in an animal science related field or completion of a one-year training program in laboratory animal science preferred.
- One year of experience in an animal care or veterinary facility or animal husbandry related field preferred.
- Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) certification from the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) preferred.