High Throughput Screening Scientist
About the Job
The High Throughput Bioscience (HTB) Center at St. Jude under Director and St. Jude Faculty Member Dr. Taosheng Chen, seeks a senior cell and molecular biologist/chemical biologist to design and implement a variety of cell-based phenotypic screens, ranging from large-scale automated cytotoxicity screens, medium-scale genetic loss-of-function siRNA screens, to focused high-content imaging-based screens. The ideal candidate is familiar with high throughput screening and associated data analysis and quality control, and capable of developing/utilizing novel bioassays to solve challenging biology problems. The HTS Scientist reports to the Director of HTB Center and is expected to independently lead and implement collaborative projects; present or publish research results; and assist the Center Director in managing the daily operation of the Center. The HTB Center consists of those with advanced training in biology, chemistry, and engineering who work together on target identification and validation, assay development, laboratory automation, high-throughput and high-content screening (up to 600K small molecules and genome-scale siRNAs), large-scale data processing, and management of scientific collaborations.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in biology, chemistry, or a related field required.
- PhD in biological sciences with relevant postdoctoral training preferred
- Experience with assay development and high-throughput screening is required. Experience in automation, data management, high-content screening and RNAi technology, and a strong publication record are a plus
- Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required.
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master's degree
- Three (3) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD