About the Job
The Director of Network and Telecom is a senior leadership position within the Information Services department, responsible for the strategic direction and overall day-to-day operations of institutional wired and wireless networks, telecommunications, and associated infrastructure. The position is the leader of a team of network and telecommunications personnel responsible for the planning, selection, design, configuration, security, integration, deployment, administration, and health of network and telecommunication infrastructure on our local campus, affiliate locations, cloud services, and disaster recovery environments. Other responsibilities include monitoring usage and available capacity of all assigned infrastructure, equipment, and technical service availability across the enterprise. This role reports to the Managing Director for Technology Services, and works closely with technology leadership, Information Security, and multiple institutional teams to provide stable, secure, and high performance networking services for clinical operations as well as advanced research and scientific instrumentation on the growing St. Jude campus and beyond.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in management information systems or related technical specialty
- Master's degree preferred
- Ten (10) years progressive experience in information technology support functions, including five (5) years in technical management required
- Experience managing large and complex technical network infrastructure required
- Experience with Cisco is strongly preference
- Experience implementing new networking strategies is preferred
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Search Firms:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.