Clinical Research Associate-RN II
About the Job
The Center for Experimental Neurotherapeutics (CENT) is an exciting, new therapeutic program at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital guided by the leadership of Dr. Richard Finkel. The focus of the program is to evaluate novel interventional therapies with the goal of improving outcomes for pediatric patients with neurological disorders. The CENT Clinical Research Associate RN II is a registered nurse who operates under general supervision and acts as site Study Coordinator. The selected candidate will serve as a preceptor/mentor to new clinical research staff. The selected candidate will also: perform data abstraction, collection, and entry to support clinical research; prepare submissions for all reportable events and develop, maintain, and/or monitor case report forms; ensure compliance with prescribed interventions and evaluations of the assigned protocol(s); provide data to the collaborating research organization or study sponsor and prepare data reports; provide patient care, education, and management.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Performs data abstraction, collection, and entry to support clinical research
- Prepares submission for all reportable events and develops, maintains, and/or monitors case report forms and ensures compliance with prescribed interventions and evaluations of the assigned protocol(s)
- Provides data to the collaborating research organization or study sponsor. Prepares data reports
- Provides patient care, education, and management
- This position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Nursing Executive/CNO therefore coordinates with Supervisor and Nursing Executive/CNO to ensure consistent institution-wide compliance with standards of nursing practice
- Graduation from a school of nursing is required
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Two (2) years of direct experience in clinical biomedical and/or behavioral research required.
- (LC: RN-TN) Must possess a current Tennessee State Board of Nursing license if primary residence is Tennessee or a Nurse Licensure Non-Compact state.
- (LC: RN-MISS or RN-AR) Must possess a current State Board of Nursing license in the state of primary residence if the state is a Nurse Licensure Compact state.
- Certification in clinical research from the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA) or the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) must be obtained within three (3) years of assuming the position.
No Search Firms:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.