About the Job
The mission for Materials Management is to provide customer focused logistics excellence to the St. Jude clinical, research and support staffs as they seek to find cures for children with catastrophic illness through research and treatment. St. Jude is looking for a The Buyer is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with clinical, scientific and research products and services.It is incumbent upon the Buyer to develop and maintain strong client relationships, keep an open line of communication, and maintain control of all aspects of purchasing. Negotiates contractual arrangements between St. Jude and selected vendors committing hospital funds to ensure the acquisition of high quality goods and services at optimum cost. The Buyer ensures quality of goods, and competitive levels of delivery consistent with institution and departmental policies and performance standards.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in business administration or economics preferred.
- Two (2) years purchasing or directly related purchasing experience required; preferably in health care or laboratory.
- Lawson software experience preferred.
- (NL) Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) credential or the Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) credential awarded by the Institute for Supply Management is preferred.