Biomedical Science Writer
About the Job
At St. Jude, we are translating science into survival with scientific breakthroughs that are advancing the fight against childhood cancer and other pediatric illness. The Kanneganti laboratory is seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented science research writer to support the development, submission, and publication of the lab’s research articles and reviews and draft and maintain technical documents. The lab investigates signaling pathways involved in innate immunity and cell death with a particular focus on NLRs and inflammasomes and understanding how these pathways connect.
Successful candidates will have experience in manuscript writing, excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and a keen attention to detail. You are expected to work onsite in Memphis, TN at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Draft and edit manuscripts for publication in journals.
- Monitor data integrity and image quality during manuscript development.
- Coordinate institutional and regulatory protocol amendments, revisions, and submissions.
- Assist with the preparation of major grant applications and project proposals.
- Prepare and publish website content.
- Maintain internal technical documents.
- Master of Science in an area of Biomedical Science required.
- PhD in an area of Biomedical Sciences or Immunology preferred.
- Two years of experience writing and producing high-level scientific materials.
- Evidence of significant contribution to the writing and publication of major articles or reports is required.
- Experience conducting high-level research with significant independence.
- Experience working in a staff position or in a freelance capacity on coordination and management of complex scientific communications projects.
- Experience in managing multiple projects is preferred.