Biocontainment Technician ABSL-2/3
About the Job
Internationally recognized for our pioneering research and treatment of children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases, St. Jude is ranked among the best pediatric cancer hospitals in the nation. We are the first and only National Cancer Institute- designated Comprehensive Cancer Center devoted only to children. This position contributes to developing treatments for diseases and new methods of diagnosis that fall in line with the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's mission statement "Finding Cures. Saving Lives."
Work Schedule: Monday -Friday; 7:00am -3:30pm, rotating weekends and holidays, occasional overtime
With minimal supervision from the supervisor or manager, the Biocontainment Technician will:
- Provide basic animal husbandry, facility sanitation and technical services support to the murine colony experimentation conducted in the Animal Biosafety Level 2/3+containment facility of the ARC.
- The incumbent will be required to provide the necessary training to the users and ARC technicians on biocontainment practices including entry and exit requirements.
- High School diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's degree in animal, biological or related science preferred
- Two (2) years of experience in a laboratory animal care facility that includes one (1) year of animal technical experience required
- Experience in a biohazard containment facility is preferred
- ALAT, LAT or LATG Certification by the American Association of Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) required within 18 months of hire. Continued participation in AALAS certification system preferred.