Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Ultrasound MFM Technologist? At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Ultrasound MFM Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary of the Ultrasound MFM Technologist
A Sonographer is a diagnostic ultrasound professional who is qualified by professional credentialing, academic, and clinical experience to provide diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures. The scope of practice of the diagnostic medical sonographer includes those procedures, acts, and processes permitted by law, for which the individual has received education and clinical experience. This person must demonstrate competency and has completed the appropriate ARDMS certification(s) which is the standard of practice in ultrasound.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the Ultrasound MFM Technologist
- Assess patient ability to tolerate procedures and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and positioning.
- Implement a procedure plan that falls within established protocols.
- Recognize sonographic characteristics of normal and abnormal tissues, structures, and blood flow; adjust scanning technique to optimize image quality and spectral waveform characteristics; analyze sonography findings throughout the course of the examination so that a comprehensive exam is completed and sufficient data is provided to the physician
- Perform measurements and calculations according to practice protocol
- Minimize patient exposure to acoustic energy without compromising examination quality and/or completeness.
- Establish that the examination, as performed, complies with applicable protocols and guidelines.
- Document clearly, concisely, and completely as well as documenting diagnostic and patient data in the appropriate record, according to established policy and procedure.
Qualifications of the Ultrasound MFM Technologist
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Required: Graduate of an educational program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or minimum one year obstetrics (OB) experience.
- Preferred: Associates Degree or higher in related technological field. One year of previous experience as an MFM Sonographer.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Credentials with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Current certification with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) registered in OB within one year of hire.
- RDMS in Fetal Echocardiography (FE) must be obtained within two years of hire. If results are not available at two year mark due to ARDMS results waiting period, employee will be allowed to work until results become available.
- Fetal Nuchal Translucency must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- Nasal Bone Certification must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- BLS certification as per SDH policy
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David’s Children’s Hospital, St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Ultrasound MFM Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.