Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Radiology Technologist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Radiology Technologist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary of the Radiology Technologist
Provides health care services, applying x-ray energy to assist in diagnosis or treatment. Performs radiographic procedures and related techniques, producing images for the interpretation by; or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performances of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the Radiology Technologist
- Performs all diagnostic and screening imaging procedures including ER, surgical, fluoroscopic and portable procedures.
- Assists physicians and radiologists in procedures requiring sterile technique.
- Prepares and administers radiopaque contrast media needed for radiologic exams
- Assess patient’s condition prior to and during all radiologic procedures.
- Performs other Department related duties as needed.
Qualifications of the Radiology Technologist
- Required: Graduate of an educational program in radiology accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) or graduate of an American Medical Association approved program in Radiologic Technology or a military training program of equivalent standards.
- Preferred: Associates Degree or higher in Radiologic Technology.
- One year of experience as a Radiology Technologist preferred
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Licensed Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) with the Texas Medical Board
- Registered technologist with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists primary certification in Radiography - ARRT (R). If hired prior to 4/13/2012 and the technologist has been performing x-rays since 1987 and was grandfathered in by the State of Texas, only MRT or CMRT license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per SDH policy.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David’s Children’s Hospital, St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Radiology Technologist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status