Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Vascular Technologist today with St. David's Medical Center.
St. David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Vascular Technologist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary of the Vascular Technologist – Vascular Sonographer
According to unit and hospital policies and procedures, the Vascular Sonographer is responsible for the performance of non-invasive and invasive vascular procedures including but not limited to carotid, venous, renal, and arterial doppler procedures including venous ablation and sclerotherapy. This position works closely with other healthcare team members to facilitate exceptional patient care and efficient completion of diagnostic studies and procedures while also promoting optimal unit operations. The Sonographer adheres to the customer service standards while maintaining a clean, efficient, and safe work environment.
Qualifications of the Vascular Technologist - Vascular Sonographer
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Completion of an approved ultrasound technology education program or ARDMS recommended relevant work experience.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Registered Sonographer (RDMS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or CCI registry in Vascular Ultrasound (RVS)
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) required within 6 months of hire
- BLS required per St. David’s HealthCare policy
- Preferred: One year of experience performing adult vascular exams
- Preferred: Registered Technologist with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), post- primary certification in Sonography. Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist with the Texas Department of State Health Services.
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Vascular Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.