Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Respiratory Therapy Supervisor today with St. David's Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. David's Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Come join our team as a(an) Respiratory Therapy Supervisor. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Supervisor of Respiratory Care, you will be responsible for the overall operation of the department. You will be responsible for orientating, evaluating, and documenting competency of personnel. You will establish, maintain, and revise departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, performance improvement, and safety. You will maintain departmental expenses and productivity as budgeted. You will oversee respiratory care as delivered by the Respiratory Therapy department.
- You will hire and direct departmental staff in the performance of their duties
- You will oversee and maintain departmental programs
- You will manage resources to ensure adherence to budget
- You will address departmental issues to ensure optimal delivery of services
- You will perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Three years previous Registered Respiratory Therapy (RRT) experience OR five years previous Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) experience in an acute care setting
- One year of previous Shift Coordinator/Relief Charge experience in Respiratory Therapy
- Associate’s Degree from American Medical Association approved Respiratory Therapy program
- Bachelor’s degree in Allied Health Management, Business or Respiratory Therapy – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license by the State of Texas
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David’s HealthCare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification as per St. David’s HealthCare policy
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification for any NICU staff
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Respiratory Therapy Supervisor opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.