Sr Staff Project Manager, Global Operations
About the Job
Job Title: Sr Staff Project Manager, Global Operations
Requisition ID: 122874BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To be based in either Grand Island NY, Millersburg PA, or Nashville TN areas (primary project locations). Up to 40% of travel is needed for the role (mostly domestic travel along the East Coast / Central region).
How will you make an impact?
This role is responsible for leading Business Transformation Organization (BTO) projects for Global Operations across the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG), and other Thermo Fisher Scientific Groups. Reporting to the Director of Program Management, BTO, this includes responsibility for all phases of assigned projects (initiating/due diligence, business case creation, planning, executing), and delivering Company savings through consolidation of sites, product line transfers, creation of more efficient operational strategies, and the integration of new acquisitions into LSG, and other Groups. The role will leverage in-depth project management and leadership skills to help drive company and global operations long range strategies.
This role is accountable for the overall operational effectiveness of analyzing site consolidations and product line transfers, managing project approval process with executive leadership, managing full cycle capital process, project manage site and product line consolidations, and support the integration of new companies into LSG operational functions, and other Groups. The role requires candidates have the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and requires strong communication and leadership skills coupled with extensive project management experience and understanding.
What will you do?
- Analyze site consolidations and product line transfer opportunities
- Present to executive leadership consolidation and transfer plans with supporting due diligence and financial analysis
- Develop project plans and execute projects in accordance with Global Moves Playbook
- Support integration of new companies into LSG across all Global Operations departments
- Develop cross functional relationships across the organization to drive efficiency in the project approval and execution
- Drive organizational effectiveness in direct labor (DL) and indirect labor (IDL) for global operations that are being transferred
- Manage project teams at remote locations to execute site consolidations and product transfers
- Develop and manage approved project budgets including capital and restructuring budgets
- Drive improvements in business metrics and/or manufacturing processes post or pre transfer
- Facilitate issue resolution and/or appropriate escalation
- Be a solid business partner for the pitch/catch sites
How will you get here?
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline and 5 years of equivalent project management experience in a complex Production or Distribution work environment; experience in lieu of a degree will be acceptable
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Analytical and detail-oriented with strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-centric with the ability to build and drive strategic customer relationships, both internally and externally, national and internationally
- Experience & demonstrated executive-level reporting and presentations
- Solutions oriented with a forward-focused mentality; see problems coming and develop strategic solutions
- Must be a creative problem solver and have the ability to function in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to influence others and partner cross functionally
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Demonstrate Role Model Leader Characteristics: Embody the 4-I values, Delight customers, Communicate openly and honestly, Focus on growth and Champion employee development
- Drive use and improvement of global project management processes
- Up to 40% travel required
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.