Sr. IT Manager
About the Job
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an Sr IT Manager for our Manufacturing and Distribution operations supporting Biosciences, Genetic Sciences and Next-Generation Sequencing products and projects.
The position is located at our Pleasanton, CA facility, is responsible for IT site leadership, direct management of software development and systems analysis and ensuring high levels of operational support and business alignment.
Required leadership experience includes software design, development and implementation in support of our automated manufacturing and distribution capabilities to deliver quality products on time to our BID, CSD and GSD customers.
Leadership requirements include strong business facing skills and behaviors. Partnering with business operations, IT staff, and customer support to enable continued operational excellence and profitable growth. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success through inspirational leadership, operational efficiency, and business focus.
- 3+ years leadership experience in IT
- Experience in Project Management and agile software development methods
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical leadership building a high-performance results driven team
- BS Required (Computer Science, Information Systems), MS or MBA preferred
- Object Oriented Software Development and Design in a modern programming language
- Experience with Relational Database Systems (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (AWS)
- Experience and understanding of the complete SDLC with emphasis on Agile, TDD and SCM
- Demonstrate understanding of QA / QC process, tools and test methodologies
- Experience with robotics interfaces and direct software control of robotics
- Life Science industry background is a plus
- Working knowledge of molecular biology, chemistry, and/or biology is a plus
- Ability to communicate with business partners and customers in a non-technical manner
- Must be able to work effectively as a manager of a Team and in a matrix reporting environment.
- Must be able to work with and effectively communicate (listen, speak, present and write) to all levels of management and build working relationship with others outside of the Team
- Ability to organize, disseminate information efficiently and set expectations
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and personal accountability
- Ability to work as a team member and contribute to the overall success of a team as well as work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Must be self confident, assertive and self-motivated
- Work environment includes office, manufacturing labs and distribution centers. Occasional travel may be required.