Sr Financial Analyst
About the Job
How will you make an impact?
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of over $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
As a member of the PSG FP&A team, this Sr Financial Analyst will generate value through direct interactions with PSG divisions by partnering on monthly and quarterly deliverables. This role will also have responsibility for driving productivity initiatives across PSG Finance activities; projects could include streamlining monthly reporting packages and building out new financial metrics. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, PSG FP&A.
Expense management, inclusive of;
· Ownership of monthly and quarterly close reconciliation process
· Partner with accounting team to align on financial results throughout close process
· Creation and maintenance of monthly and quarterly reporting packages
· Analysis of consolidated financial views, build key summary reports for senior management team
· Drive productivity initiatives aimed at streamlining financial reporting processes
· Enhance financial reporting knowledge across PSG finance team on key topics; examples include cash flow reporting and forward-looking depreciation schedules
· Drive standardization in financial metrics across PSG
· Super user for Hyperion planning and other reporting tools
· Provide ad-hoc analysis as required by senior PSG management team
How will you get here?
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Ability to influence and engage business partners and peers
· Self-reliant and results-oriented
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to develop and manage processes that are effective and efficient
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· BS or BA in Finance, Accounting or another business-related field
· Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
· Hyperion Planning/Essbase experience is preferred