Sr. Financial Analyst
About the Job
Sr. Financial Analyst
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sr Financial Analyst is a key contributor to both the Genetic Sciences finance team and the Genetic Testing Solution BU team, particularly in the response to COVID-19. This role will assist Sr. Finance manager in partnering with Asymptomatic Testing Solution (ATS) leadership teams by providing financial planning, analysis, reporting, and forecasting support for COVID-19 response. This position offers the right candidate an opportunity for career development and growth while supporting a growing and dynamic business.
- Provide support on financial modeling and analytical support for new product introductions, targeted investments, and other business initiatives. Provide modeling and analytical support around the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support New Product Launch (NPI), Licensing / M&A opportunities
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly forecasting cycles and related deliverables. Partner with business leaders to ensure forecast is properly balanced, considers evolving business dynamics and historical trends, and includes the appropriate level of ambition for performance
- Complete monthly activities to ensure proper accounting controls. Month-end responsibilities include accrual management, variance analyses, metric tracking, and report preparation
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and finance peers to foster best practice sharing and implement continuous improvement practices across the organization
- Drive development of dashboards and KPI tools to analyze results and enable data-driven decision making and tracking
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicates clearly and effectively with colleagues from different functions, regions, and backgrounds.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with internal customers. Identifies motivating factors for each party and drive harmonization across teams.
- Ability to comprehend complex problems, identify root cause, and drive towards solution.
- Ability to summarize multi-faceted situations and build a coalition amongst stakeholders on path forward
- Demonstrates strong leadership, analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Possesses initiative, enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and standard accounting principles
- Interfaces effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment with all levels of the organization.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant Finance experience
- Strong financial modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen detail-orientation
- Outstanding prioritization skills (strong ability to manage multiple and competing priorities)
- Preferred Software/Systems: Strong excel skills a must. Knowledge of Cognos, PLN, E1, EDW a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.