Sr Financial Analyst, FP&A
About the Job
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This role is part of the Materials & Structural Analysis Division (MSD) and will be located at our office in Hillsboro, Oregon.
How will you make an impact?
This role will partner with the Business Unit and Functional finance teams to manage and drive improvements to the existing financial planning and reporting structure across the world. The key goal for this role is to deliver robust, structured reporting and processes, that are well understood and well communicated. In addition to regular reporting you will be involved in both initiating and supporting new projects and initiatives across the global team. Strong organizational skills, continuous improvement of processes, and the ability to build good relationships will be critical to success in this role.
What will you do?
- Lead and drive divisional reporting processes (Monthly Forecast, Business Reviews, Annual Operating Plan, 5 Yr Strategic Plan)
- Support month end consolidation activities and ensure compliance with Corporate timelines and expectations
- Proactively analyze financial data received to understand underlying drivers for financial results and articulate findings and recommendation of actions to leadership
- Provide financial guidance to their business partners i.e. if we do this, then this is what we should expect financially
- Partner with upstream and downstream teams to ensure that all processes are efficient
How will you get here?
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
- 5 years related work experience utilizing financial reporting systems (e.g., Hyperion Essbase, COGNOS, other)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Business acumen, with the ability to navigate and influence stakeholders within a complex business environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including an ability to interact with cross functional stakeholders
- Proven ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate results into insights and action
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.