Sr. Cell and Gene Therapy/Application Scientist
About the Job
Job Title: Senior Product Applications Scientist
This Sr. Product Applications Specialist will be working collaboratively within the Cell and Gene Therapy team, and developing integrated solutions and applications using closed automated systems to support cell therapy manufacturing.
This position will be leading and responsible for highly specialized technical projects and consultation including identifying, innovating and designing solutions to fulfill the needs in cell therapy process development and clinical manufacturing.
This is a technical lead position with the candidate expected to spend at least 70% time for hand-on experiments and data analysis, and 30% time for consultation, technical assessment and/or traveling.
What will you do?
- Lead development activities for new processes and procedures for human T cell therapy, including design of process scale-up/scale-out for isolation, activation, gene modification, expansion, harvest, formulation and fill/finish using automation and closed systems.
- Design and develop new consumables to fit automated workflow and customer needs.
- Design and execute analytical assays for in-process and final product analysis.
- Author and execute protocols, worksheets and/or SOPs to the levels that they are transferable internally to other Thermo Fisher Scientific sites and externally to customers.
- Lead technical collaboration and/or training with internal and external cell therapy functions.
- Work closely and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams, including product management, business development, marketing, etc.
- Train and supervise junior scientist/specialist in the team.
How will you get there?
- Experience in T cell therapy workflow is required. Experience with cell therapy automation instruments/platforms is highly preferred.
- Working experience in process development or manufacturing setting is highly desired.
- Experience in cell therapy analytical assays, including identity, purity and potency, is preferred.
- Flow cytometry experience, especially in multi-color staining and analysis.
- Experience in viral or non-viral genetic modification is preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, prioritize work across multiple projects.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Must have excellent organizational, attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ph.D. degree in biological sciences with 2-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in industrial setting
- M.S. degree with at least 5-8 years of relevant experience.
This position does not offer relocation benefits
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.