Sr Associate, Manufacturing
About the Job
Job Title Manufacturing Senior Associate – Night Shift
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Viral Vector Services (VVS)- Cambridge, MA
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Associate is an associate with a moderate level of technical expertise and experience. The Senior Associate may perform complex activities outside of routine manufacturing operations commensurate with their experience and training. The Senior Associate participates in the day to day operation of a cGMP compliant Manufacturing facility.
What will you do?
- Responsibilities include performing basic to complex activities related to operating bioprocess manufacturing equipment, completing the associated documentation of those activities, monitoring assigned processes using automated production systems and controls under limited supervision.
- Keeping the GMP manufacturing facility in a state of inspection readiness, using performance tools (Human Performance), and routine housekeeping activities.
- The Senior Associate must be technically capable with a good theoretical comprehension of general biopharmaceutical manufacturing equipment, principles and processes and have a good understanding of current GMP and safety standards and be able to apply this knowledge in a GMP manufacturing environment during performance of routine activities.
Work Hours: 12 hour rotating night shift from 7pm-7am, 2 days on, 2 days off, and rotating weekends. May require overtime to work evenings, weekends or holidays, as required to meet project timelines.
How will you get here?
- Must be able to make decisions for moderately complex GMP manufacturing activities including process performance with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Must be able to recognize, understand and respond to situations requiring further evaluation and report these events (process, safety, personnel, etc..) to senior operators or area management.
- Must be able to provide effective written or verbal communication to peers, senior associates, and area management within their operational group
- Must be able to understand operational documents for GMP compliance, accuracy and completeness.
- Must safely perform activities on the shift in order to prevent releases, accidents and injuries.
Education and Qualifications:
- 1+ years’ industry related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences preferred
- Or 1+ years’ industry related experience with a Associates Degree/certificate program
- Or 2+ years industry related experience with a high school diploma
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
- Solid understanding of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ability to aseptically gown and/or sterile gown as needed
- Ability to work within environmental clean rooms
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to write, read/review written documentation for extended periods of time. Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stand for extended periods. The employee is occasionally required to lift, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.