About the Job
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Zamboni Driver is responsible to clean the ice between scheduled skating sessions.
This position is based at our Ralston Arena. The Ralston Arena, also called the Ralston Sports and Event Center, is an arena located in Ralston, Nebraska, a suburb of Omaha, Nebraska. It serves as the home of the Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League and the Omaha Beef of Champions Indoor Football. It also served as home to the Omaha Mavericks NCAA Division I men's basketball team, representing the University of Nebraska Omaha, from its opening until the end of the 2014-15 season, with the school opening Baxter Arena for the 2015-16 season. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.ralstonarena.com/
- Safely drive the Zamboni to main the ice surface before, during and after events.
- Performs measurements and makes adjustments to ensure ice meets quality standards.
- Helps keep back-of-house areas clean and orgainized so the Zamboni has access on/off the ice.
- Previous experience safely using Zamboni preferred or previous experience operating heavy machinery/equipment.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and measurements quickly and accurately.
- Ability to use independent judgment in the performance of duties when required.
- Ability to understand and follow both oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, customers, vendors, and others using the Ralston Arena.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.