Spectra Topeka, KS
About the Job
Responsible for ticket sales for shows or events by performing the following duties.
- Opens and or closes ticket window as required.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
- Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets.
- Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office Supervisor or Manager for audit.
- Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning coming attractions.
- Files various records and reports. Performs related clerical work as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Box Office or guest services background preferred
- Ability to count money, make change accurately
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Ability to input data into a computer to record sales transactions
- Good communications skills. Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Able to read and interpret written information
- Good problem solving skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Good customer service skills and sense of public relations
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.