Suite/guest Experience Supervisor
About the Job
Have a wide variety of daily duties which include; estimating, ordering, arranging, supervising, recording and overseeing all food, beverage and equipment. Coordinate with and provide excellent service to venue clients, while working with them on their event needs.
This position is based at our Regency Furniture Stadium. Regency Furniture is home to the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs! The ballpark offers a full range of family friendly features and attractions, including a large catered picnic area overlooking the field and a fantastic amusement area for kids of all ages. The ballpark also serves as a multipurpose facility by accommodating football, soccer, lacrosse and other sporting events. Our concessions and catering offer a mouth-watering variety of snacks and beverages, including many local favorites. You'll find everything from traditional ballpark treats to gourmet cuisine. Old-fashioned bleacher seats are a thing of the past. Regency Furniture Stadium features approximately 4,200 reserved seats, with comfortable armrests and seat backs. Or, bring a blanket or lawn chair and watch the action from the grass berms around the outfield. All seats are very close to the action. You can learn more about our venue here: https://www.visitmaryland.org/listing/attraction/regency-furniture-stadium
- Recruit, hire and oversee training of staff.
- Schedule work hours for server staff.
- Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service.
- Oversees and provides direction to cafe staff.
- Directs cleaning of dining areas to maintain sanitation standards.
- Ensures that all catering equipment is cleaned and stored in proper place.
- Ensure that all banquet employees are current with food handling permits and alcohol serving permits.
- Maintains safety program for banquet area.
- Ability to keep appropriate records.
- Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor laws are followed.
- Completes beverage, concessions, and cafe inventory monthly.
- Ability to use computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules, and perform other record keeping tasks.
- Monitor and control resources.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, subordinates and peers.
- Must guide, direct and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to monitor events, materials and surroundings.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others outside of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- Organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Estimate sizes, quantities, time, cost or materials needed.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Think creatively.
- Resolve conflict and negotiate with others.
- Must have two years of supervisory experience in a convention center or facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak clearly so that listeners may understand.
- Must be able to make fast, simple, repeated movements of fingers, hands and wrists.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach out with the body, arms and/or legs.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects.
- Administration and Management training: general knowledge of managing the operations of a business, company or group.
- Customer Service training: general knowledge of providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- General knowledge of producing, supplying, and using goods and services. Also includes knowledge of keeping business records.
- Experience with teaching methods involved in learning and instructing others.
- Must have experience in working with events and banquets.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be self-confident and driven.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.