About the Job
The Steward participates in the detail and completion of the maintenance of the building including sweeping, mopping, cleaning and organizing food and hospitality areas. The team member may assist with banquet set up relating to the set-up of tables, chairs, and other preparations related to catering and food service.
- Completes all duties and tasks assigned.
- Ensures highest sanitation levels for all items previously used so that they may be used again in clean condition, free of any contamination risk.
- Follows all Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) criteria, food and product safety, and Food and Beverage Policies and Procedures.
- Removes all trash and maintains loading and receiving areas in safe and clean condition.
- Cleans and sanitizes all food service areas and equipment.
- Must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events and varied schedules per business need.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills and be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate with team members, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate, read and write in English.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Texas Food Handlers Card and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.