About the Job
Under direct supervision from the Director of Safety & Security and/or the Security Coordinator, the Security Guard provides general protection of facility property and personnel; monitors facility and protects against fire, damage and theft; provides general information and assistance to facility guests; and serves as the lead for all Base Security systems. In the absence of the Director of Safety & Security and/or Security Coordinator, the Security Guard may receive event-related instructions from Event Managers or general instructions from the Manager on Duty and/or the Assistant General Manager.
- Patrols facility; lock and unlock doors as required; guard property against fire, theft and damage.
- Observe facilities and equipment for needed maintenance and repairs; recognize and report damage and safety hazards. Complete incident report forms in accordance with department standards, including photos where appropriate, documenting damages.
- Observe public; provide general information, directions and assistance to facility guests; report suspicious behavior to the Security Base Operator.
- Assist medical personnel by directing traffic, crowd control and securing needed equipment.
- Exchange all current facility information with base officer coming on duty.
- Check Lutron system hourly for the status of all facility lights. Have operational knowledge of Lutron system, including the partitioning of meeting spaces as requested.
- Maintain logs, Issues and receives equipment. Manage lost and found operation.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Be aware of the location and use of emergency alarms and equipment; Monitor the facility's Fire Alarm System and follow established procedures in case of fire, power outages, civil unrest or other emergencies. Review on an ongoing basis and be prepared to implement the policies and procedures in the Center's Emergency Preparedness Manual.
- Ensure correct and orderly flow of event personnel from shift to shift; maintain open dialogue with all event supervisors; monitor and maintain event staff sign-in sheets in absence of Security Coordinator.
- Sign all visitors in and out; issue and maintain outside vendor/visitor badges.
- Maintain a comprehensive log of all pertinent facility information throughout entire work shift.
- Monitor CCTV system throughout work shift and report any unusual activity to the Director of Safety & Security, Security Coordinator and Roving Security Guard.
- Activate and disseminate pertinent information through the Center's emergency Public Address system.
- Provide general information, directions and assistance to facility clients and guests.
- Perform regular inspection of CCTV, Access Card Reader, and fire/life safety equipment.
- Maintain the Security Base office in a clean, presentable and professional appearance.
- Informs and educates violators of policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a safety, security or crowd management capacity.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.