Safety & Security Manager
About the Job
The Safety & Security Manager will utilize independent judgment to direct, manage, supervise and coordinate the activities and operations of the Safety & Security Department. The Safety & Security Manager will work with the Director of Events to ensure that proper levels of required security are available for complex events. The position will also oversee the RV Park located on the 52 acre complex and will be required to report any needed repairs or issues to the Operations Manager and General Manager. The Safety & Security Department will be responsible for processing the check ins and making sure that all payments are received.
This position is based at the Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center in Shawnee, OK. The 52 acre complex is only 40 minutes from the intersection of I-40 and I-35, the crossroads of America, and includes an outdoor arena seating 7,500, a 19,200 square feet indoor arena seating 1k, 152,400 square feet of total exhibit space, 366 50-amp full hook up RV sites, and four comfort stations containing showers, washers, dryers and restrooms. We also have 133 additional 50-amp spaces and 296 additional 30-amp spaces with water and electric only.
- Provide overall management for all services and activities involved in facility and event security, facility admissions, and emergency preparedness
- Plan, develop and implement programs to ensure the security/safety of facility staff, users, guests and property
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; identify opportunities for improvements and review with the General Manager; implement improvements
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate security\event staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
- Assist the Director of Events in the development of event specific security/safety and staffing plans
- Coordinate the scheduling of external event staffing personnel including, but not limited to, off duty police officers, Fire Marshal, EMT's, peer group security, other safety and security personnel
- Plan and implement safety and security training programs for staff
- Provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations
- Monitor/develop the facility's ID process, security camera system and access control system
- Establish/maintain effective working relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and life safety agencies
- Prepare and present regular staff reports and other related correspondence
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible security experience in a management capacity of a public assembly facility or a law enforcement agency associated with providing services to a public assembly facility or special events
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory responsibility
- Must be friendly, courteous and polite with a positive attitude
- Experience in customer service preferred
- Ability to work flexible and sometimes demanding schedules (including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours)
- Ability to manage time constraints and high stress situations with professional demeanor and positive attitude, ability to multi-task
- Ability to be on feet for long periods of time, ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Excellent ability to communicate via phone, email, radio and in-person with facility staff, clients, and patrons.
- CLEET License or ability to obtain it within 30 days
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.